Free verse poetry, “Bonnie Bell.”
On Saturday, I awoke to the news that my young niece of 40 passed away to liver failure. It broke my heart, she suffered from depression, everyone tried to help, but she fell deeper into a black hole. For myself, when I hurt inside, pouring my emotions into poetry helps me heal. I only wished I could have helped her see there is light.
another red rose fell.
Once filled with
Petals held a storm,
for too long.
Passage of roots,
drowned in darkness
I didn’t say goodbye and wanted to.
My heart knows not of the time, clues not seen of the depth of pain, like a dry sponge soaking rain. The eyes tell their own story—lacking luster, the spark of life when happiness is the red rose in full bloom.
the fallen petals
and dry them,
place them in
sculpted, floral glass
dish of potpourri
I’ll always remember,
the scent of your perfume.
- This one for you my dear sweet red rose, Bonnie!
©Linda J. Wolff 2017
| Bonnie Bell|
An urban free verse poetry
What is a Free Verse Poetry? Typically patterned by speech rather than meter, this form of poetry is very open to the author’s discretion and usually does not rhyme. Visual and sound effects are often employed. It can have as many lines as the writer wishes.
THINGS TO DO HERE:
- If You’re New to My Poetry Blog: Don’t forget to SIGN-IN on the Meet-Up Page to connect with other wonderful bloggers. Sign in Here – Meet Up
- Grab Urban Pen: Poetic Writings of Linda J. Wolff – Vol #1 Poetry eBook: Do you love reading poetry, or quotes? Of course, you do, or you wouldn’t be here reading Urban Poetry 2017.
- —Grab yours from Amazon for $2.99. http://amzn.to/2vH1rdG
- Let’s connect on Social Media: I would love to connect with you on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, YouTube also. Find me here on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud Audio Poetry Recitals, and my YouTube Channel Urban Poetry TV.
Read more Inspiring Poetry:
—a digital art and poetry WordPress blog—
swallowing blackness, urban free verse poetry, poetry, enlightenment, life, daily prompt, inspiration, fear of the unknown, appreciation of life, free verse poetry, caves, nature
Daily Prompt for You: